Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Season of New Beginnings

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven...-Ecclesiastes 3:1


Spring.  A season of renewed hope and strength.  That time of year when we shed winter coats in favor of light jackets... or more commonly, rain jackets paired with umbrellas.  Everyday the landscape grows a little greener.  There's a pop of yellow daffodils here and there along the road, and it catches your eye.  Yes, this is a season of new beginnings... in many different ways.

About this time of year I like to start my daily trips among the flowerbeds.  It's still a little too cold to clear away last year's clutter of leaves and twigs, so it's a great opportunity to just observe what's happening.  It always amazes me how the small changes add up.  Buds swell on trees and bushes, tips of leaves shoot up unexpectedly and unfurl to reveal their treasure.  There is a special place in my heart for the hardy flowers that can withstand snow.  Beautiful, yet tough, or maybe just stubborn.

The garden is not the only place undergoing change.  My home, inside and out, is getting special attention.  On the warmer days, the windows and doors are cleaned and opened to 'air out the house.'  The walls are getting a wash-down, as is pretty much everything in-between.  Winter coats and accessories are stored away, save a few; just in case.  Any remaining reminders of Winter are tucked away, and nods to the new season happily take their place.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. -Jeremiah 29:11


It's amazing how warmer days and more sunshine can help clarify your perspective.  In this season of 'out with the old, in with the new,' I pray to be refined as one refines silver, and tested as gold is tested (Zechariah 13:9).  It's good to know God's in charge... and that there's always opportunity for a fresh start, whether it be in your garden, your home, or in your heart. 


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9





4 comments:

  1. So true....I love how everything is made new again in the Spring. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the seasons create a natural pause for new beginnings. Spring especially.

    I love the feeling of beginnings in autumn too -- maybe it stems from school days when dreams for doing well in class and keeping my work books pretty all year long were thought possible... again.

    I found your link at Another Porch... a new friend to me too.... SO very glad I linked to your beautiful blog.

    I love the feeling of contentment and peace here! Not to mention beauty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,

    It's June 12, 2021 and yes I'm here on your very first blog post dated March 26, 2011. I stumbled upon your blog thru Pinterest link. Though I have a tons of digital purchase on Etsy but your freebies here are very generous and heartwarming. I just want to say I appreciate your passion and I love your posts with bible verses and spiritual inspirations.

    I am Dave, a male journaler from the Philippines. I discovered junk journaling at the onset of the quarantine. This newly found passion kept me sane amidst the pandemic.

    All but love and blessings be upon you and your family. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave!

      Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate you taking time to let me know a little about you and your story. So glad you found a new passion to help you through last year & hope whatever you find here helps you create some great things!

      Delete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa