Thursday, May 5, 2011

Star light, star bright...

Most of us know the rest of that Mother Goose poem.  I sent my fair share of wishes up to the heavens as a child.  Maybe you did too.  When I was little, I remember lying on the deck, patiently waiting as the stars came out.  There's just something special about the night sky.  It's always helped me put things in to perspective...



Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. 

-Philippians 2:14-15


"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars
or sailed to an uncharted land, 
or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.

~Helen Keller


"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, 
but the sight of the stars makes me dream." 

~ Vincent Van Gogh


As a child I was filled with wonder when gazing at the moon and stars.  I will probably always feel that way.  Only now, I realize how completely and infinitely small I am in the expansive scheme of the universe.  That's why what amazes me more than the universe, is it's Creator.  He cares about even me and you, and the desires of our hearts... from the smallest need ~ to our greatest wish. 


"With man this is impossible, 
but with God all things are possible." 

~ Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa